Friday, May 21, 2004

Discover Credit Cards

So i just signed up for a Discover card due to the fact Chase is bending me over regarding my 45.29 APR. The Discover card that I signed up for is the Mileage Card. Since it is a mileage card, Discover charges you 30 bones a year to keep the account going. After second thoughts and after looking at the Frontier Airlines Mileage card online, i decided that i wanted to cancel my Discover card and sign up for Frontier and forgo the $30 fee.
So i call up Discover to cancel my account, they said that i couldn't because the balance transfer already went through. Doh. OH yeah, i seemed to have transferred a petty 3 grand from my Chase card onto the Discover card. Fuck me. I have to keep the card.
The best part: Mr Niceguy from Discover sensed that i was sorta pissed, so he said 'let me see what i can do.' I hear some mad typing going on in the background, comes back a minute later and said that my $30 fee has been taken care of. How cool is that. And my APR on the balance transfer is 0% until next year. Fuckin-ehhh!
And he activated my card while he was at it.

Signed,
Happy Camper